Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
QUICK QUESTION ABOUT HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

QUICK QUESTION ABOUT HPV

I have been dating a women for the last couple of months and found out that she had HPV-Gential warts back in 2004. She had a doctor remove the warts. If I have sex with her, will I get HPV from her so did it clear her body after two years. Need some information. thank you
not likely the hpv infection that caused her warts all those years ago would still be an issue now.

grace
Avatar n tn
Has she been tested since 2004?  If clean paps, then she is not infectious at this time. That's the key term here "at this time".  No one knows what will happen in the future. For 10% of the infected, it returns. FYI, if you've slept with more than 4 women, then you have probably been exposed to it.  80% of all sexually active people have had it or will have it. Since men cannot be tested, we rely on female partners for results.
she does yearly Paps and she just did one about 3 weeks ago. She has Cyst down there so she see's her Doctor every couple of months. I have been with 11 women in my life time so I guess I have been exposed. I tested for STD's (HIV, HEP A, B, gonorrhea, etc) last April and I was negative. Since then I haven been more carefull and asking more questions. She only been with 4 other males in her life time and the third guy gave her Gential (genital) warts. She been more carefull since. I think thats why she got married. Thank you for the information