Quick Question regarding Genital Warts
Hello

I recently posted a question in the community forum which went a long way in addressing my concerns. Although I wish I could be 100% sure about it, I am now reasonably confident that I need not be overly concerned about the reappearance or transmission of the genital warts I had twenty years ago.

However there is one thing that is confusing me and though I've read through many posts I am still not clear on it - what is the rough percentage of the population who *actually contracts one of the HPV viruses responsible for genital warts* who will actually *exhibit* warts? (I hope I'm phrasing that in a way that makes sense) Is it really only 1-2%?

Thank you
In 90% of cases, the body’s immune system clears HPV naturally within two years.  But, sometimes, HPV infections are not cleared and can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sexual contact with an infected person. But About 1% of sexually active adults in the U.S. have genital warts at any one time.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.