Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Rectum sore - from warts? or Aldara?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Rectum sore - from warts? or Aldara?

So it has been 3 months and I am having my second outbreak. I felt some bumps between my vagina/anus and immediately started applying cream.
Around the time I started applying the cream, my anus has started getting really sore, irritated, swollen, rashy almost. I have to inform you that I have had hemmeroids for a few years now that have never really gone away. But they have never made my anus irritated or rashy before!
I was wondering if you think these are more genital warts (besides the ones I already noticed on the skin between the vagina/anus) or is my anus irritated from the Aldara cream? or is this just my hemmeroids acting up do you think?
Aldara can be really irritating to the skin. In my experience it was very itchy and depending on the place, it would get very sore. From what I know, warts shouldn't hurt and mine did not itch until I applied Aldara. I tried to wake up early to wash it off asap because the longer you have it on, the more it hurts. Also, try to keep the area dry, even if it means excusing yourself to the bathroom frequently. And try to only apply the cream to the affected area. You really (really) don't need to use the whole packet.