Sex After treatment?
Hi Doc,

I was diagnose with gonorrhea infection and with on-going treatment for 5 days now. The doctor provided me  medicines which were 3 days injection (completed), antibiotic tablets  good for 5 up to 7 days (esomeprazole, ofloxacine, doxycycline. Today, the doctor told me to get back after 3 months for my blood results. My wife doesn't no about my issue and I will be back in my home country this coming 24th Jan 13. I feel better now doc but there are more clarifications and questions that i need to know the clear answers.

Q#1. Is it OK to have Sex, Kissing and Oral Sex with my wife which is 8 months pregnant?
Q#2. Is the medicine that I took is enough for the whole 7 days? Do I have to take another medicines just to clear all the bacterial infection.
Q#3. In what results I would get for the blood test?is it for HIV or any other STDs?
Q#4. Do I have to tell my wife that I was infected with gonorrhea? sounds like all the dishes blown to my face. lol.hehe

Appreciate highly for your immediate answers Doctor. Thanks a lot!
If your treatment is a single dose of antibiotic, wait at least 7 days after taking the dose before having any sexual contact. You should not have intercourse in any form until both you and your partner(s) have been tested and treated. If you are treated for gonorrhea and your sex partner is not, you will probably become infected again. You should first get yourself retested to see if the infection has been treated and get your wife tested as well as she may be having the infection but not showing any symptoms.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.