Shingles-like symptoms with no external indications
I am a 70 year old male currently with treated and controlled diabetes and hypertension. About 10 months ago I had sucessful shoulder surgery for a rotator cuff problem. Recently, I experienced sharp pains in my left side below the rib cage. This progressed into sensitive skin over the pain area and the chest area above the pain area. While this tended to be similar to shingles-like pain, I never had blisters or any external indications. My doctor did an upper GI and CAT Scan and said I had gall stones and two small kidney stones on my left side. He and a urologist discounted the gall stones (no pain in the center or right side) and said that the two kidney stones were too small and not moving and thus probably not the basis of my problem. My doctor prescribed Lyrica and surprisingly (to me) this greatly helped my condition. However, within a week I was again experiencing the sharp pains on the left side and a continued low level of skin sensitivity.

Do you have any idea what can cause the described condition?
i think ur in the wrong forum.this is the HPV one for std's!