Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Should my boyfriend of 2 years wear a condom after I tested positive fo...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Should my boyfriend of 2 years wear a condom after I tested positive for hpv not with the warts?

Recently I tested positive for HPV, but my doctor had informed me that I didnt have the genital warts part of HPV. My question is does my boyfriend of 2 years need to wear a condom.Because now that h we both know that I have HPV hes scared to have sex with me, because he doesnt want to make things worse. I know hes been most likely already exposed to the HPV, but since there is no way to tell if he has it will it just make it worse for me? Also is there any way that he could develop genital warts from this even though that wasnt the type of HPV I had. I am just very confused and disgusted about this whole thing. Please Help!
Most liekly your BF is already infected with HPV and could have very well been the source of yours if he has had other partners before you and so you don't have to worry about condom. Just make sure you are following up with your doctor and make sure you do what your doctor advises, HPV is not that big of a deal and most cases will clear on their own within two years at the most.   you could have the low risk as well and it may not be active at this time since you can have more then on strain but that should not be a worry since you can't test for it and the only way you will know is if you have an out break of warts or if it shows up when you see your GYN.