Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Skin tag?/HPV??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Skin tag?/HPV??

Hi I don't know if I have something similar? I have a protruding lump - pretty small, on he inside of my labia minora. I noticed it about a year ago. it is mainly skin coloured and sort of comes to a point at the end and it is white-ish. I told my boyfriend and he thought it could be a wart, but he wasn't sure. I am so scared to go to the doctor. I wonder if I have HPV. Now I think I have the same just inside my anus. help?! thanks
I would consult your doctor to ensure that you are getting this looked at.  It may be nothing, but best to be on the safe side.

Failing that, a dermatologist could also help.

Regards

like Genesisi says, see a dermatologist. They are best to diagnose you to see if you have any warts or not.

Also, to be 100% sure, they may do a biopsy where they will send the skin tag to a pathologist who can confirm whether you have a wart or not.

Dont be scared or embarrassed, your health is more important than that.