Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Small white bumps clusters around anus

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Small white bumps clusters around anus

Hi there

My husband has been complaining of a Very ichy bottom for some time, he sweats alot at work and thought may be this is what was causing the itching... well finally after months he has let me look and im VERY worried now,.. he has tiny clusters of white bumps all around the aunus, one noticably big one with  lots of white bumps attached, followed by more clusters of white bumps right around the anus! the tiny white ones seem to stem off of a bigger one...

the tiny white bumbs are about the size of a pin head, they are not particually ichy, or painful, some of the small bumps are hard but the rest are not, and neither do they "puss" that we no of!

going back... it seemed as though the sweat was making the anus sore/itchy which made him itch, and MAY have made it bleed, and since then (about 3/4 months) it has now turned into the above

we are male and female faithful partners so i would hope its not any thing STI related!  personally ive reacently  had an operation and and was tested for sti's etc and was clear....

I hope thats enough info for some one to help? obviously i will be making an appt. with doctor but any info i can find asap will help put my mind at ease... I hope!

Thanks in advance
hi!
I'm a 27yo guy who some 18 months ago developed almost exact symptoms that you described here. When my anus first became itchy I thought it was due to constant sweating in the gym where I went quite regularly, 5 times a week at the time. I also noticed the skin around my anus was irritated by soap.
the itchiness wouldn't go away, and after suffering acute hepatits B a few months ago I noticed a few small white bumps around my anus which got a bit bigger with time. They changed colour to skin colour and almost resembled skin tags. I then went to see a dermatologist who said they were anal warts caused by HPV. I was shocked because I ALWAYS use a condom. And before my anus first started to itch I'd been with a partner who was STD free. I know it for a fact. I'd really like to know if the irritation I developed a year and a half ago was due to HPV. the warts appeared only when my immune system was seriously compromised by hepatitis.
I read somewhere that genital warts can appear many years after the HPV infection so it should in no way be a clear sign of infidelity ;)
Did your husband go see a doctor? I'm really curious what he told him!
hope you reply soon,
bye
These turned out to be warts!! caused by HPV virus you can have the virus for years and not know it!

Had to attend GUM clinic and have them frozen .. VERY painful, then apply cream, which as it kills the warts is also VERY painful! then back to the clinic in 2 weeks for more freezing!!

Hope this will help any one else searching the web as we were a couple of weeks ago!