Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Sore throat, high fever, and painful red sores.
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore throat, high fever, and painful red sores.

I contracted HPV as a young girl, and have had no external symptoms before, and my last couple PAP smears tested normal. I am now in my twenties. I had oral and vaginal intercourse with a new romantic partner several days ago, and used a condom for the vaginal intercourse. We talked seriously about STIs ahead of time, though of course I'm no longer certain he was clean.

The morning after, I had a couple of small, uncomfortable red bumps on my pelvis. (I disregarded them, thinking they were ingrown hairs from poor shaving.) By next morning they were very sensitive and much larger. One developed on my inner thigh, and the rest on my pubic mound. None are located on or close to my vagina. The sores are painful and look pretty infected, and I'm trying to keep them clean though I'm unsure how. Polysporin doesn't seem to affect them. They're slightly conical, and develop white scabs that rub off easily. I think I've had them for five or so days. As far as I know, no seminal fluid touched me at all during intercourse. There doesn't seem to be any change in my vaginal discharge.

Yesterday afternoon, I suddenly felt quite dizzy, and went to lie down. I've been running a fever since then, usually in the lower half of 102 degrees, though I'm just at 101.2 right now and I was at 102.8 last night. My lymph nodes are very tender, particularly under my jaw, and my throat is sore. I am not congested, am not sneezing, and very rarely cough. I don't have any sores in my mouth.

I'm seeing my family doctor in a couple days. I'd like to know what I'm dealing with before I talk to my new partner.

The fever could be unrelated to the sores, but I figured that may not be the case. Is this a coincidental HPV flare up and unrelated fever, or have I contracted herpes or another STI, or something else? Thanks for the help, until I can get help in person.