Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Telltale HPV infection?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Telltale HPV infection?

I've been with my girlfriend for about 1.5 years. About 8 weeks ago, I made a terrible decision and cheated on her unprotected.

I got tested after 10 days and then again after 6 weeks, which all turned up clear for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, HIV. I have no symptoms of HSV at this point.

My question is about HPV. If my girlfriend got a pap smear and HPV test last summer that turned up clear, and she gets another one this summer that shows signs of HPV infection, will it necessarily point to an infidelity, or is it something that I/she could have carried into the relationship?

Thanks so much!
Tags: HPV
Blank
She will never know which it is.  The virus can be in her body and hide for years without being detected by tests. Unless she was a virgin when she met you. You will never know if you have it unless you get a wart or unless her future tests detect it.  And then you should assume you have it too.
She will never know which it is.  The virus can be in her body and hide for years without being detected by tests. Unless she was a virgin when she met you. You will never know if you have it unless you get a wart or unless her future tests detect it.  And then you should assume you have it too.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...