Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Tested Positive for HPV worried about my partner.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Hello! I'm a female and have tested positive for a high risk strain of HPV after recieving two years of abnormal paps and being told I it was normal to have an abnormal pap at a young age. Before being tested I had sex with my partner twice and both times we used protection. I realize there is already a high risk that he has been infected but I am wondering if there is a good chance he can be OK? I got a cervical biopsy several days ago, what will the results tell me? Do they find out what strain you have been infected with or do they only test for cancerous cells? I know I have had HPV for at least two years because I have been abstaining, does this mean it is persistant and that it will not go away? Is there a chance that my immune system can still fight this after so long? I'm trying to keep my hopes up by thinking that being pregnant and having my daughter and breastfeeding had been what has compromised my immune system and kept the virus in my body, is this possible? Also, can my partner become infected by recieving oral sex? Please Help.

Men aren't affected by high risk strains of HPV like women, its rare that they'll actually get penile cancer , if you were too look at the statistics. A doctor told me that condoms don't really protect you from HPV. If you were having sex with him (2 years ago i.e. before you got tested) it is possible he could have already had it and passed it along. Even so, I've been told by doctors that HPV is hard to track, so he could of had it even before he met you since men cannot be tested for high risk strains. HPV gets you when your immune system is low, I had LSIL cells for 1.5 years, went on these pills they went to ASCUS (which is better), then i got pregnant and now they are back to LSIL since your bodies immune system is low, its a time when HPV can come back but it takes so long to progress to anything serious that your okay as long as ur keeping an eye on it.  Also, you can pass hpv orally.

Ps. I am not sure if your interested but my cells were LSIL for a while, i started taking these pills for 3 months and they started regressing to normal till i got pregnant. There called Pappilex basically its a combo of vitamins, antioxidants, and herbs known to make your immune system stronger.