Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Therapeutic Vaccine for HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Therapeutic Vaccine for HPV

As I understand it, there is therapeutic vaccine in the effectiveness trials at the University of Queensland, Australia.  (Sorry I am not up on the lingo here the "safety trials" have been successfull)  It is based on the Gardasil Vaccine.

What is the likely effectiveness of the therapeutic vaccine?  (It isn't a flat out cure is it?)

Can you direct me to any other promising research being done?

(Sorry couldn't find a posting of this nature)

Thanks for your time:Mudpile
u guy or girl?that vaccine is the Cervarix i believe not approved in USA yet......no it isn't a cure...but a preventative against other strains of HPV!I read where a guy was being used as a research volunteer with Gardisil under the docs forum awhile back.......i am 52 and allegedly beyond the age for females getting the Gardisil..but gonna ask doc about pros/cons when i go in for chekup 12-17!Just google Cervarix...so much good info on it plus the Gardisil.Also this website www.ashastd.org has accurate std info since 1914 and up 2 date research info on the vaccines!
No actually I think Cervarix goes after strains 16/18.  This is a therapeutic vaccine against 6/11, the strains that cause warts.  It is still in testing in China and Australia, but should be done in that phase April of next year.  

http://www.uq.edu.au/news/?article=12009

I think that where I got the article.  Small world the internet.

And unless I have really been messing up going to the wrong bathroom for thirty years, I am a guy.
very funny dude!:)))) thanks for the news tidbit....they need a vaccine for the warts..the Cervarix is for the cervix like the name suggests!
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers