Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Tiny bumps on head of penis i think were wrongly diagnosed as genital w...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Tiny bumps on head of penis i think were wrongly diagnosed as genital warts.

6 months ago i noticed a couple tiny lttle bumps on the head of my penis that were smaller then a pin head and under the skin. I thought maybe they were nothing to worry about and 2 months later i got a couple more so i went to the doctor. He said they looked like the starts of genital warts and perscribed me condylox and sent me on my way.You are only supposed to put condylox on the wart not healthy skin but since my warts were so small i had no choice and spread it all over the head of my penis twice a day for 3 days as instructed. Condylox kills your skin. after i shed a couple layers of skin and healed up things looked fine for a day or 2 but then there were the same tiny bumps again under my skin and lots of new ones. I have researched genital warts heavily and not one picture looks like what i have. Nothing is growing out of the skin, no cauliflower like texture, you cant feel them when you touch them, they dont protrude, and they are kinda shiny. The fact that they are just on the head of my penis and nowhere else baffles me. They dont get bigger just more numerous makeing the head of my penis look rough. I know they are not pauples. Now the head of my penis is looking very keratinzed and has a red bloch that i can feel sometimes and when i am erect it is discolored  with broken blood vessels, and completely lumpy looking.i think the conylox destroyed me. Can anybody HELP ME??????????????
My advice would be to see a dermatologist or STD specialist. Let somebody who is more familiar with genital warts make a diagnosis.
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers