Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Tongue Warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Tongue Warts

My Peridontist did a biopsy on my tongue of a white spot I had. The result came back that it was Papilloma my questions:

1. I had a really bad case  of Periungal warts for about three years that are finally going away after so many different treatments; do you think the wart on my tongue is a result of my biting my nails? Would it spread to the tongue? I’m just not sure if the tongue would be a host to these type of warts that appear around the finger nails.

2. My peridontist said he removed it and believed it will not come back. My tongue is still healing, was two weeks ago, and there’s a bump where stitches we placed, not sure if it’s thick skin that developed from the surgery or if it’s still a wart. Question: How do I know when it’s safe to kiss my partner?  Is this easily transmitted by kissing? If indeed it’s  gone—I  do know the virus stays with one—does that mean that although I will  always have the virus, but if the wart is not visually present, I will not spread it to my partner?

Thank you.