Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Under my tongue - string like projections. STD???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

1 day ago I had oral sex (unfortunately) with this man who claimed to be married. Afterwards, he tells me he has an open marriage and sleeps around a lot! Unfortunately I am having all sorts of symptoms. Under my tongue(mostly) and the upper palate over teeth have finger like (more like strings made out of skin), they are white in color with really red base. Unfortunately(i just keep saying it!) treating them with tea tree oil is not helping and I am terrified to death. I have no insurance and this is so scary! I had tests done at a free clinic but they were for basic std's which I don't think I have, especially if I only had oral sex...Anyways down below the situation is still uncertain. I don't see anything visible, yet I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it...so far I am having a bit of a discharge...dont see any lesions yet...but I am looking for them everyday...From searching the boards, I have not yet seen a picture of what i have in my mouth. I am not sure, but if its white, its HPV? It is not painful and doesnt look as horrible or big as what I have seen on pictures that I googled for oral hpv. Yet, there are very small lesions that protrude outward like tiny 2 mm strings...and I think they are spreading! (Under the tongue in my mouth). ANY ADVICE, over the counter treatment, or any kind word would be appreciated and encouraged! I am dying over here!
I think you are seeing symptoms because of anxiety. As other members have posted before, the risk of transmitting HPV through oral sex is much lower than through vaginal or anal sex. Genital warts are very common in the genital region, and uncommon in the mouth.Furthermore, symptoms won't appear within one day.

If you are really concerned, try to see a doctor. Even at the free clinic, i am sure they would look in your mouth. I woudn't worry about it though.
Thanks for your response. Although it is comforting, I definitely feel that this is something that I "caught". Obviously these things weren't there before, and its no coincidence these things look so strange, unlike any pimple you've seen (like tiny cherries on stalks). You are right that I am having an anxiety about this. At a free clinic they were very rushed with me and didn't take any samples from my mouth although when I showed them the growths were not as apparent as now (I spent the whole day in line and although guys were a shoo in entering and exiting like the bullets, women were far and between and there was only one room for women.). I do seem to feel better today, kind of getting my mind get used to the thought that I might be sick with an uncurable disease! I swear that I will never, ever have an unprotected oral sex again in my life - boyfriend of not. Not knowing is the real killer.
You are right, you MIGHT have something, but you also very well may not have anything to worry about. Since you are concerned, you really should see a doctor. It might be difficult without insurance, but there should be some options available.

When you see the doctor, try to trust his or her expertise. They may not feel it is necessary to perform complicated and expensive tests,  but their opnion should be respected.