Vinegar Test for HPV -- Confusing Results
First time poster here.  Thank you in advance for any advice!

My girlfriend recently tested positive for a high-risk strain of HPV.  They took some cell samples from two different locations to test for pre-cancerous growth and we're awaiting those results.  What prompted them to test two different locations is that when they performed the in-office "vinegar test" on her, the entire inside of her vagina reacted (turned white).  The doctors told her these results were unusual as the test normally just shows an isolated affected area or spot.  The doctors told her not to worry -- that it is highly unlikely the results mean "cancer all over" -- but that they would have to await the results of the biopsy and blood work before they could say for sure what is going on. Everything I read online suggest that the vinegar test is for genital warts.  The doctors told my girlfriend this is not the kind of strain she has -- that, rather, she has the kind that can, if left unchecked, lead to cervical cancer.  

I suppose my question is this: what, if not genital warts, does the vinegar test really test for in somebody with high-risk HPV?  And what do her unusual results suggest?  I have a background in alternative medicine and have suggested she start taking Olive Leaf Extract as an antiviral therapy, and told her to make sure to eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and garlic to boost her immune system.

What do you think her test results could mean?  What's the best case scenario?  We'll find out more specific details soon, and we're both trying to stay positive, but at the same time, we're both more than a little freaked out.  Any other dietary/lifestyle suggestions to help fight the virus?  And what about me?  Should I be worried about the very real likelihood that I, too, have the same virus?

Thanks!