Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Wart-less HPV in men, itching anus, penis, testicles?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

I had sex with a hi risk partner about 4-5 months ago, a few days after the encounter I experienced extreme itching and burning on the testicles, penis opening and anus.

I have billed my insurance company close to 5 - 10 thousand dollars trying to figure out the problem...

Went to clinic - Negative for syphilis, ghonneria, chlamydia, HIV, was tested for HSV 1 and 2, over all physical exam looked great, had a scope in my bladder looked normal.  I have been told that I am imagining due to guilt. No matter how I psych myself out I cant deny to myself that genitals itch/ache

Urologist tell me they cant help me, STD clinics say they have done all they could for me I even went to a mayo clinic and they sent me home.

The only visible symptom I have is a slight inflammation at the tip of the penis (comes and goes) a dark smudge on the shaft of the penis (multiple docs have shrugged off) and constant sensation in the head of the penis, anus and testicles.

I hear HPV comes in a set of varieties and in males its harder to diagnose....

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Lets say when I was in Amsterdam I made a huge mistake. I felt itching in the groin area for months and felt it right away after the incident. Was it guilt, probably, but then again, 7 years later I have genital warts. Could that mistake 7 years ago started the genital warts, who knows, does the itching you have is genital warts, maybe, but most likely its GUILT and ANXIETY. I made another great mistake over 2 years ago. Anxiety cause so many problems, headaches, muscle aches, lymph nodes aches. I got check for STD's multiple times all negative, but it did put me through hell. Remember you might be infected with HPV for years and not show symptoms, or might be caring it and never show symptoms, HPV doesn't cause itching. THIS IS YOUR GUILT AND ANXIETY! But never rule anything out, get tested in a YEAR!
Did you ever figure out what this was? Please, it would help me so much. I have something very similar to you and have gone through very similar circumstances. Also, if you didn't find out what this was did it go away on its own or do you still have it?