Wart on thumb
Ive had a wart on my thumb for some time and keep getting it blasted off. Thats the only place on my body that has a wart, I dont even touch my self when i pee. I feel I cant even touch myself there for fear of it spreading? i have really bad anxiety and lately just been feeling nothing but paranoid.. it is possible for me to get genital warts from this?
no u don't get genital warts from warts on hand...this sounds like another hoax....we're getting quite a few of them here!
im not tryin to play games why would i do that? im being serious about it but its kind of a relief that you say its a hoax, thanks.. any other tips would be great
You're probably thinking of the wart HPV like the planter's wort type. That HPV is not the same HPV that this forum is concerned about.

Here's a good wikipedia article on the type of wart HPV you are describing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_wart
I know when I got a planter's wart I had the very same concern, but I'm glad I googled it up to learn more about the distinction.
so you had a planters wart? what area of the body was it? sorry if this isnt the right forum but i dnt know who else to talk to...   did yours go away and if so how long did it take? im really intrested in learning as much about the virus as i possible can...    thanks for your time hope all is well
Planter's warts are on the foot. In my case right in an area I have to step down... ball of the foot in the front area between the baby and second to last toe... ouch. I've been treating it about a year now with salicylic acid, and it's a stubbern *****... Although I think I've made great progress... it doesn't poke out and hurt like it did.

Your wart would not be a planter's wart, but it isn't much different. It won't cause cancer as far as I can see. (and most likely not even sexually transmitted like the HPV strains known here.) If you don't like the wart on you, salicylic acid should help. Follow the directions. The stuff I use reminds me of a nail polish bottle, both by smell, appearance, and the way it is applied right onto the wart.  You can probably find it over the counter as some kind of wart remover.

More info on warts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wart

I also added an article into the "Health Pages" area of this forum. (I had to temperarly "join" in order to post it), but I hope it is helpful just a little.