Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Warts appearing in mouth :(

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Warts appearing in mouth :(

I had an outbreak of genital warts 7months ago and it took me 3months to get rid of them. It has become the only thing I can think of... It is getting me down so much! I have read articles that say I will have the virus forever and I have read articles which say 90% get rid of it after two years. I have recently noticed white pimples forming on my lips and inner mouth and I have been to the GUM clinic but they could not prescribe treatment as they could not identify if they were warts just yet. I am wondering what kind of treatment is used for warts on lips and in the mouth? I am very worried and concerned. I have tried to boost my immune system as best I can but more pimples are appearing, I have nobody I can talk with about this. It is really distressing me! Please tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel and all will be okay? I cant go on living like this!
Do you smoke or drink alcohol?  That lowers your immune system. Don't stress as that also lowers your immune system. Try to medidate and think positive thoughts somehow. Exercise daily to reduce stress. Warts in the mouth should be removed, not treated. And then sent out for biopsy to confirm if they are the virus or cancerous. Most people do recover from this. Some have it worse than others but not many. If you need more advice, email me here.
Thank you so much for your advice, I can't help but worry about it. Ive been to a GUM clinic and doctors have said they cant identify if they are warts, but dont think they are. They haven't grown in 3 weeks. Its all that I am constantly thinking about. They are little white pimples.
these don't sound at all like warts going on.

grace
At each corner of my lips on the upper lip there are 4 or 5 small white pimples that can only be seen when the skin is stretched outwards with my tounge. I have just moved country with no health plan set up, i am terrified at what it is going to cost me as I am a student. This is really getting me down.
stop poking and prodding!! these actually sound normal. sometimes dry skin can cause them to look more pronounced.  

this isn't something to follow up on right now. when you have time and are settled in, see your student health clinic for peace of mind :)  
I have been to two doctors and both didn't think it was anything related but couldn't diagnose what it was. ... still no change after 5weeks... I still cannot help but worry. I have given up smoking, reduced my alcohol intake significantly and increased my intake of odourless garlic tablets, multivitamins, cod liver oil and ginseng and likewise increased my exercise.
Its just a waiting game I guess....
I was told they are not warts. I have the same thing going on wit me for about 5 to 6 years now. My infectious dease Dr. told me this is normal and it is not transferable. some thing to do with oh man I gust got CRS. But any way It comes and goes on it's own. they are very small white dots on the inside corners of my mouth. I can't remember what she said exacly but I have had no problems with infections or transfer to my wife. Hope this help's put you at some ease.
Ah thank you very much, I am still waiting to see a dermatoligist as there is a long waiting list at the minute but have an appointment for the end of january. I have seen countless doctors in 2 different countries and doctors in the gum clinic no-one seems to know what they are. Its so annoying as I have just met a fantastic man who is eager to take me out, but i can't do it. I am ruining my life, I know it will be a long time before I will pluck up the courage to get close to anyone again as I worry about reoccurances all the time, at the minute I have a sore throat and have tried various things which normally work but my first occurance I was the same with my sore throat and it last until i got rid of them. Right now, coming up to christmas, my life is a nightmare!
Just thought I would give an update...I was also told they are harmless, but can't help myself from wondering.. I do think the little spots at the corners of my lips are harmless but theres still that one on my upper lip slowly but surely getting bigger. It has completely and utterly destructed my self-confidience. I haven't been able to let myself get close to any1 and I am frightened at the thoughts of infecting someone else. Although a dermotologist, doctors in the GUM clinic and general practice and nurses have all said they 'don't think it is a wart' it isn't a great way to send a patient off who is in dire distress, but as long as they get their pay thats all that matters. Hopefully I will get answers soon though :)
Did you find out what it is? I have same problem.
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers