Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Weird lump on perineum. Please help!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Weird lump on perineum. Please help!!

I am 19 years old and sexually active with only one partner. He has been tested for everything and is clear. Although I have a flat bump on my perineum. It has been there for a very long time now. I first noticed it after I had cut myself there shaving and it later formed a lump. That was about a year ago. It hasn't changed size
Or shape. It does not itch but it is painful when I wipe. Sort of like it
Lifts the edge up and feels like it's cut. It is skin colored, no white head. It does not look like pictures of herpes that I have seen. It has been there for a while now but has seemed to be more noticeable. I have only had one sex partner and I'm freaking out. Please anyone help!! I can't shave in that one spot bc the razor will cut it since the edges are a little raised. Help!!
Anyone?
This small bump can be a small boil, follicle or a cyst. Treatment of a cyst includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.