Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
What are clearance rates of low risk HPV (specifically types 6 and 11)?...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

What are clearance rates of low risk HPV (specifically types 6 and 11)?

Today I was diagnosed with genital warts. Needless to say, I've been freaking out since then.
I've been looking around online and trying to figure out how likely this will clear and how long it will take to clear. But I've been finding different answers to the question. I've read that 90% of people who are HPV positive are clear of the infection within 2 years. However, seeing that there are 100 different types of HPV and clearance rates must differ between each type, I can't tell what the clearance rates are specifically for genital warts.
I went to a Planned Parenthood and they were running behind schedule and were about to close, so the nurse didn't give me much time to address my long list of questions.
I would very much appreciate an answer. At least my mind will be slightly at ease knowing this bit of information.
Tags: clearance, rate, Low, risk, HPV, 6, 11
All we have seen is the 90% within 2 years rate you have seen. The doctors on the Doctor's Forum say if you have been wart free for 6 months, you are not infectious. 12-18 months seems like a reasonable duration to me. As a woman you can be tested to confirm your health.

You should also understand what the word "clearance" means. Viruses cling to DNA. Some unluckly people become infectious later in life. The medical community does not know why.

Here are some good sources of info:

http://www.hpvnews.org/

http://www.ashastd.org/std-sti/hpv.html

alright, thanks for the info
to help speed up this process it is important for you to boost your immune system as warts come when your immune system is weak . The reason why it overcomes after 2 years is because your immune system beats the virus meaning if you can strengthen your immune system your body will most likely heal faster ... try to exercise eat healthier and look into a natural remedy called papilex , there nutrional vitamins designed for hpv they helped me alot