Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Whats up with my penis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Whats up with my penis

I think I may have contracted HPV about 6 months ago but I've haven't received a professional Diagnosis. I feel that something is changing and I noticed that I had flat warts developing on my fingers, but they are rather small and flesh colored, but could become larger given time I suppose. I do have what appear to be new small bumps on the head of my penis but not the somewhat elongated growth, they seem to be more like the small flat warts on my finger. They also appear to be concentrated more in one small section on the head of my penis.

For anyone who cares, I'm a 21 year old male and I believe that I contracted HPV from an older female during unprotected oral sex that occurred right after being sick for a week. I have not asked her if she has it or been in contact with her since but before this incident I've received contact with her every 2-3 months.(emails)

What I REALLY Want to know is if a dermatologist could confirm which HPV type a person may have. I know the gardicial Vaccine protects against type 6 and 11 for genitial warts. So if you have neither type I would feel relieved that the vaccine wouldn't have helped me instead of regret for not receiving it. I also would get the vaccine to protect against the other strains.

Also, is it's possible to spread your gential (genital) warts to your hands and possibly other places on your body? I keep reading different things on the internet. Some people say that gynolocologist they go to say that "It is Possible to spread them to other parts of your body" while regular doctor's tend to say it is "Not possible to spread them to other parts of your body." There seems to be very little clear and accurate information regarding this issue.

The earliest date for me to be seen by someone that isn't a doctor at my college who couldn't diagonise it, (I've tried and he basically said if it isn't obvious he could diagnose it.) would be July 11th. Plus I would be seeing a nurse practioner, not a doctor. I couldn't see a doctor until August.

Also I do have what I believe are forydian spots but they don't appear to be like the new bumps that seem to be appearing.

Thank you for your time. I will appreciate any response.
Obviously, the only true answer is to go see a dermatologist or qualified doctor.  They may try and talk you out of biopsying it, but if you're serious you can insist on it.  Gardasil (sp?) would be a smart option.  If you don't plan on any sexual relations between now and doctor, waiting to be seen is okay.  nothing will get worse.  I've never read that genital warts can move to your fingers, but hey, once you say never then it happens.  Still, I'd consider it as unlikely.  Getting warts from oral is highly unlikely to for that matter, FYI.  Hope this helps.