Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Which vaccine is better?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Which vaccine is better?

What happens if I took the first shot of Cervarix vaccine and then decides that i do not want to take the 2nd and 3rd shot?What if I want to take Gardasil because I am 19years and want to start from the first shot.Are there any side effects?    P.S I had condiloma acuminata and it is gone by itself.Will I be protected with Gardasil against 4 HPV?Thank you for the answer.      
I don't think there will be any side effects if you change vaccines however definitely ask the nurse beforehand!

With gardasil you won't be protected against the type of HPV that you already have in your system.

Even though it's gone, it will always be in your body as it is a virus and it may reappear at any time. However, gardasil will protect against the strains you do not have, i.e the high risk types which cause cancer.