Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Woman to Woman HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Woman to Woman HPV

My girlfriend just got diagnosed with hpv high risk in her cervix. Is there anyway that the disease can be transmitted to me by giving her oral?
Avatar n tn
Yes but the risk is low.  If you look at the Doctor's Forum, they frequently say that oral sex is a low risk for transmitting STDs. But not impossible. My suggestion is to keep checking your tongue, throat and gums for any growths, to have your dentist check every year for oral cancer, to stop smoking cigs if you are and to reduce your alcohol content. Cigarettes and alcohol are proven to cause oral cancer, even if you have never had oral sex. IMO, oral sex should be avoided until she tests negative. However, if this impacts your relationship then I would asume you are already infected and just go about doing it. Since she has it down there and you have not used female condoms for vaginal sex, how could you not also have it?