Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
anal warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

anal warts

how is candyloma///or anal warts treated/?
There are a variety of methods. Cryotherapy seems to be one of the most common, but you should be able to discuss options with your doctor. The specific treatment method will depend on the size and location of the warts as well as cost.
thank u....i am seeing  a dermatologist soon
Hi dont go see dermatologist, you should see STD/STI doctor if you have anal or genital warts.
A STD specialist would be a good choice, but dermatologists are also qualified to diagnose and treat this type of infection.
i did see an std doctor in nyc...and he did recommend i see a dermatologist..
i have an appt for feb 1
is it... im now thinkin, who will much perform the surgery procedure??? the dermatologist or the sti specialist???... ill be seeing sti specialist on the feb too...
after all  i been throgh,,,all of  my doing ,,i dont want to do anything with sex again
my dermatogist saw me yesterday and send me to a colon rectal surgeon in case i have innver warts,,,,what happens if i do and what would be done
one next?
he also send me for blood work,,,hep. panel....hiv.......urine..
i never was the recipient of anal sex i  my life..i know this is skin to skin...but can anyone be more  specific?  skin to skin can be hugging...cuddling..foreplay...what is the riskiest way of getting condyloma?

one next?

i  had an appointment with my std specialist last friday and it did went well as he told me to deal with the wart thats outside, as you said you will be seeing a colo-rectal specialist. same to me, in time after 2 more appointments with him he will give me a referral to that specialist, which i cant wait and seems so very long wait. the dr did the sprayed liquid nitrogen for 6 times and gave me prescription, aldara.

my question is that, what procedure and how will they do for the warts that is inside the anus by the colo-rectal specialist?... i just wnat to know alex please!...

Thank you!
i would recommend you to wait and see how the aldara works on You, I had the same problem, had the surgery for the inner and outter warts and 2 weeks after the surgery came back, had to go with the treatment all over again and it seems it's working now, don't know for how long, it's a nightmare, i had also condylox cream that really works for the warts on the outside, but it will burn your skin, whatever it takes to get myself well. wait and be patienc, stop having sex, while you have the the warts You can transmit them to somebody else
i was explained that skin to skin means rubbing the infected area anus, penis against other genital, it's infectious while you have the warts, please read my post to andie512 might help You, and please tell me anything you guys find out about it, that i am new on this too.  
i was at the colorrectal last monday...first he asked your sexual history...he did looked and told me that my warts on a scale of 1-10 was  a 1.5,,,,he told me people dont have to have anal sex to  get them.such was my case.
he did a rectal exam and said there were no inside warts,he inserted a probe in me and looked all around,including scrotum,and there were no warts..he injected my anus and numbed it as he performed the excision,i felt a burning sensation as he gauzed the area,,
it looked like a "burned" area when he was done, and i been healing nicely since
however i will tell you  there will be a slight odor as you heal and moisture..
the whole thing lasted about 20 minutes,,the probe being the most uncomfortable
the doctor was very good and explained the whole procedure step be step
i have a FU  march1;i wish all you guys the best of luck and  keep posting..as i will too

you mean the warts came back after surgery?... what type of surgery procedure you had on your warts?... have you ever used aldara?... or only condylox cream...
(sorry for so much questions!)

i started my treatment today with aldara and i hope it will work on me, coz i am really pissed.. thats the only thing i can do, be patient. wait for 16 weeks!!!...
hi!
thanks for posting you r experience in this wart thing, good tthing you dont have anything inside the rectum, not the anus or the anal area. but you said doctor did an excision and numbed it first, where is the location of the wart being removed?... outside or a little inside (anal canal)... coz as i see, felt and doctor said i have wart inside my anus. is it already a rectal area when its inside or still anus.
(im confuse in this parts of our body! lol!)

Is your first appointment with the colorectal specialist?... how is the pain goes after? ... i will be back to see my doctor on the 23rd.
wish you we get better soon without any complications. i will keep you posted guys!
Again, thank you for posting! have a great week ahead...
hey! by the way, is there anyone experience a little bit of bleeding during defacation and bit pain/burning feeling after?... and uncomfortable feeling in you anus when you crunch your butt?.. its feels like theres something inserted in your anus (in the opening).
So lets say i have warts on my penis.. can i spread those to other surrounding areas easily? -i just found out i had these a few days ago :(
this was my first visit,,the procedure itself was fast,,,a bit uncomfortable as the scope was in  me,,,i am still healing...no pain during defacation at all...there will be slight moisture and odor...but i guess that the healing process...the tiny warts i had were outside around the anus..if its in the rectum..i think they do same day surgery...dont hesitate to as your doctor anything,,,i was kinda embarrased at first,,,but there is no need to be,,,,if you read all my posts you'll see all i have been through since last year..i have to see him again march 1....you will not have pain but there will be a slight burning after the procedure...good luck and keep posting
thank you for that edward. i am not really embarassed on this, i just want to anticipate things. coz mine is more of bit different coz i have some inside..

To johnny264
go and see your std or dermatologist before it get worse. dont waste your time.
let me know how you make out......when are u going?
to andie512...let me know how you make out...
johnny254....go get that checked out

i saw my doc  after 3 weeks of being cauterized and he said all looks well,,today i start on aldara for the  next 3 months ..anyone have any comments or experiences with this cream?
i am now under aldara treatment for the next 16weeks and already had 4weeks. nothing really changed yet, i have my second follow-up appointment with my std doctor on 23rd of this month, i will ask him if better to do cauterize or remove it. i am not happy for what i observe. will see whats next... better try it to u, might work better and fast! they say aldara takes time to work on your body.

how is the procedure went during the cauterization? how long it did take?... is it painful after?...
the procedure was fast...the dr explained step by step...first ge does a rectal exam to check for inside warts..then he inserts a long instrument to check deep for more warts,,,he even checked the inside of my scrotum.everything was good,,,he numbed the area and began the cauterization....it did feel like a burning sensation when he ws done and now it has been healing very well...he sae after 3 weeks after he done the procedure and then he started me on aldara for 3 months,,,,so far so good
i would like to know how soon does it take  for the virus to clear the body?
does the  time line start from the day you notice the wart or from the day of treatment?
my  treatment begab feb 8 with cauterization, currently on aldara now untill june...
just to add,,,,my first  visible wart was  aug. 2009
hi!
i had my follow-up check already and it did well, the doctor did not do cauterization because he dont do it in the clinic and it will take a while to get an appointment to the doctor that will do it.. he said that it will be better if i will be in treatment with aldara. as of now seems working, the wart shrinks a bit.

thats good to hear you dont have any inside, im lil worry coz i know i have it inside my anus, that's were started i think coz i felt it whenever i clean it after doing number 2, by inserting my finger down there... hope its not that bad having it inside. did your doctor told you whats the gonna happen when you have it inside during the procedure?

be with aldara till you finished the treatment as the doctor told you. i think aldara is good even theres lil bit weird smell, stings and itchy. mine was visible jan10 and i felt it dec09 inside.
since i did not have any inside warts,,the doctor never told  me how they could be treated.you should call back your doctor and ask
the aldara does itch a  bit, i think i was using too much too
good luck though,,i know this is like a nightmare
I had anal warts that I left untreated for a very long time, until they became so huge it was difficult to deficate, walk, or sleep.  I was simply young, foolish, and embarassed enough to ignore it and let it get worse.  Stupid of me.  

I finally went to my doctor, who sent me to a proctologist (sp?).  I had to have them removed, as the warts turned pre-cancerous cordelomas (sp?) and they cauterized them, the area around the anus, and had to "rebuild" my anus.  Essentially, they took them off, and they had grown to about the size of a baseball, split in half (one half each side of my anus).  

This was more than 10 years ago.  I still bleed from time to time, especially with a hard big BM, but it was worth it.  It was about to go inside, in which they would have had to remove part of my rectum.    

It is a very good thing that you went through treatment, and did not let it get to my point.  I commend you.