basic genital wart questions
Hey guys,

I just had a couple of questions about genital warts. Essentially, my doctor examined me and said the very small bumps on my penis glans were nothing to worry about, but I am going to keep an eye on them anyways. Thus, the reasoning for some of my questions.

1) If I were to see any growth in these bumps, I am going to get them rechecked out as they may be warts. So my question is, if they were warts, over what time would I see growth?

2) He prescribed me Desonide for eczema I have, and said to try it on these bumps as they could be due to dryness. So I was wondering if these bumps were genital warts, would they react to the Desonide at all? Such as grow faster?

thanks,
Dan
In 90% of cases, the body’s immune system clears HPV naturally within two years.  But, sometimes, HPV infections are not cleared and can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sexual contact with an infected person. Diagnosis of genital warts is usually clinical, made by visual inspection. Genital warts can be confirmed by biopsy but Sometimes we can use an enhancing technique called acetowhitening. This technique involves the application of 5% acetic acid solution to the area of suspicion for about 5-10 minutes. Infected areas will turn white.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Dr. Kaur - is there good reason why you repeat the same advice to people here since 2009?  Are you really expecting anyone to take you seriously when all you do is copy and past the same advice? I don't, sorry.