Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
bluish lump under skin on inner lip of labia majora

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

The other day in the shower I noticed that my left lip of my labia majora was uneven. When I took a closer look, I found a dark bluish lump about the size of a pea, underneath my skin between the labia majora and the clitorus. At first, the lump was the color of my skin with a little tint of blue (easily mistaken for a vein), but a few days later, it became darker. At this point, it is a medium dark blue color and has remained like that for about a few days. The lump is not painful so I don't know what it could possibly be. I've never had this before and I'm becoming worried. I do not have access to a gyno and I need to know what this could possibly be!!!
* I was a little off on the color...it has some violet/dark red in it too besides the dark blue*
oh yeah and i dont have HPV...this was just the only available place to post my problem at the time
u need to get to std clinic where sliding fee services or free to get xam..planned parenthood or county health dept.that offers std screenings.....u shoudln't leave this unattended too!
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers