Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
bumps on shaft

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

bumps on shaft

hi im josh/22. was posting on herpes forum bc thats wat i thoght i have but now 2 experts said it dosent look like herpes and im thinking its hpv. im a bit of a worryer but i know for a fact the bumps are real and werent there. my bumps are real small like the size of this o and one thats like this O  on my shaft and i have sevreal like mab 5-7 + i think more that are like the sharp part of a pin size/real little. i am scared to death that my whole penis is gna get covered in them and look like a nightmare. mostly im scared that now i will not be able to have a relationship w anyone. im at the beginning of a new one w someone i like alot/even love mab. we havent had sex. i was w someone for a while and casual dating and think i got it from him. i never noticed anyting on his penis and im sure i felt some little bumps but mine had some bumps before to so i didnt think anything was unsusuel since all penises have some bumps here and there that ive seen like fordyce spots or moles or watev. is there anyone who can help me some understand this hpv thing? pls only if u have something to say i dont need a lecture i feel so bad its killing me. if u r going thru this and can tell me anything bout wat hap to u or wat to expect or do im down to hear it. thx very much.

oh and btw my bumps have been there like at least 2 wks that i know of. i only saw them then so not sure if they coulda been there longer and been littler. :/
You're not alone josh.  Just go to the doctor and let them diagnose it to be sure if its really warts.  If it's really warts, they will prescribe you aldara for warts that should be applied 3x a week or freeze those warts.  Genital warts is low risk HPV 6 or 11.  Avoid sexual activity while you still have them.  If warts are left untreated it will spread more and get bigger, so while it's still small, take action, just go to the doctor and let them give you medicine for that or let them freeze/burn it.
thx for saying that. i thnk im feeling freaked out bc i do feel alone and im trying to understand it all. i wish i didnt know anything biout these things sorta bc now i see the google pix and i cant get them off my mind. :/ did u have some that got taken off and cured from ur skin? i feel disgusting and want to cry. i did actualy. im avoiding my friends and dont even jerk off. im lost. i am trying hard to cope w this.
so i have a sort of update. idk if im crazy or wat but i hadnt looked at my bumps since in like almost 2 days bc i dont want to see them. but i looked today after my shower and it seemd like the bumps that were there longer and that were a little bigger like this o had sort of gotten dryed up and they were flat again like a zit does? anyone else have this hap??? i still am going for testeing but im confused and sorta happy that this happend. Idk??
hi again josh, I even cried the whole month after knowing I have genital warts(HpV 6) which is low risk HPV, and both HPV 16 and 82(both high risk that causes cancer), so I have both,low and high risks of HPV.  I am now trying to accept that I was wrong with my doings before and just have to face this.  I have genital warts which are small as well the first time I saw them, then they just spread and get bigger, so I went to doctor, she prescribed aldara which is working, until now I still have warts but its a bit healing and getting smaller.

Warts are harmless since it doesn't cause cancer as they said, it's itchy actually.  They said, HPV can clear on its own if we will have healthy body.  It clears after 6-24 months.  Just keep yourself healthy, eat the right food.  Our immune system will fight over with low risk HPV.  As for me having HPV 16 and 82, follow up pap smear is needed in order for bad cells to be detected earlier to prevent cancer. :(  .  As they said, no HPV testing for men but I have read from others here that they had a test, they took a swab on penis to know their strains of HPV.  So if you think your clinic there has HPV testing for men, go and let them swab it so u will know you're strain and be aware so you could have a step on what to do.

I suggest you to see a doctor, dont wait for the bumps to spread as you have 5-6 of it.  You have to make sure what it is so doctors will take action on treatments that you must have.  Don't worry you're not alone.  Lots of people have this including me and you.  It's just hard to accept we have it, but we'll just have to find solution for it.  :(
k well im hoping that i dont have that but im glad your here and can talk bout it bc ya its so awful thinking of this all. im hoping mine are going away and are something else. i should know something by nxt wk if i go to the clinic tomorw and they see me and test me for watev. i have been tested like 3x in the last 2 yrs and its ok bc i wanna know wats up. i think theres lots of ppl who never test and dont have symtoms (symptoms) and dont know there own health things. :/ so ya i know im not alone at least w probs in my junk. if these go away and arent hpv im going solo for a while and i guess i will be either way really,  thx.
yeah, hope yours is different, but when was ur last encounter?warts dont show up that soon,warts show up like after 3 months or so after exposure.  they said oral is low risk but i dont know
so my last encounter of any sort was like 2 wks ago w a guy i have been seeing a couple months but we just were nekkid and made out/oral and stuff. i have a appt on mon to see the doc so i gotta get thru the weeknd and then mon morning i will find out something. i hope for all i am that its not hpv. i still have one shot left to get and im getting in mon. :/ hopefully its not to late. not sure if mines warts/hpv but i just wanna get it taken care of n move on. i cant live like this everyday.
2 weeks after exposure, i believe it isn't genital warts..yeah, be seen, that's the least you can do.. and just update us what your doctor tells you about it.  Hope it's not warts..Good luck on monday.. ;)
ya im gna def let everyone knw wats up w/me. at leaast mab i can help someone else thru this bc it seems like lots of ppl on here post and then u never knw wat hap w them or there probs :/ thx for caring. :)
hey ppl. soi got another update. it seems i DONT have warts on my penis. i gotta go to a dermatoloigst now but they think i have a mild case of molluscum or something like it/skin irritation of oil glands. so something is up but it seems NOT warts. YAYAY!! i only have like 3-4 bumps now on there and i think there going away. watev it is i have tried to be strong thru this mess [that im not outta yet] so just keep your hope up and get seen by docs. ill post another update when i get my derm results and rest of stds tests nxt wk. :))))
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers