can hpv come back once it has cleared
i recently went for a physical. i went twice before that with hpv. this last time i was negative. what i would like to know is can the hpv come back. i know there are different strains, but since mine was cleared do i have anything to worry about?
Once cleared, most HPV infections are gone for good.

Some infections to seem to reoccur, but these are the exception and there is no way to predict if this will be the case.
hpv can reappear ..but shouldn't if you keep your immune system strong by eating healthy,no smoking, taking folic acid/multi vit and keeping yourself healthy..once you have a specific strain and clear it you can't be reinfected w/ the same strain BUT you can get a different strain...
My understanding is that HPV, like Herpes, lives in body....doing no harm most of the time.
It is a virus, with several strains.  Their are two I think that can cause anal or ovarian cancer.
I am glad to hear there is a way to test for HPV.  No one told me that. I have survived anal cancer caused by HPV,or  so the docs think.  With me they have been very noncommittal.
They did tell me that some people are carriers ...never have a problem...while others get cancer...women seem more likely to manifest problems that take them to doc.
I was told what roses711 mentioned ...take probiotic each day and a certain amount of protein in addition to fiber.
Good luck,
Ann