Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
does sex change when you and your partner both have hpv?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

i havnt  seen my girlfriend in a while and we just found out in february  that we have hpv , my question is like we both have it do we have to use a condom? can  we give each other oral sex? and if shes in treatment for cervical cancer would we have to take other precautions?
also forgot to comment that none of us has warts or any of that stuff
My partner gave me HPV, i found out told him and we both have it. Sex hasn't changed the problem is at a molecular level. Since you have sex you both share the same strain so you can't keep re-infecting each other with it, however if one of you go out of your relationship its possible to catch other strains. At this point a condom isn't going to do anything for the strain you have. HPV can be transmitted orally, if you have done it already its probably too late. Nonetheless, sex doesn't change at least it didn't for me.

My precautions to your girlfriend ( since it effects woman much farther than men it terms of progression to cancer) is to stay on top of it and get her pap smears every 6 months. Don't let them perform surgery on you unless there high grade changes. ASCUS w/o high risk or LSIL i wouldn't jump the gun for. Also I tried these pills called Papilex, for high risk hpv, they build your immune system it started working for me until i got pregnant.