freeze away on genital warts
Through self diagnosis I believe that I have genital warts.  I did a lot of research on the subject and came to the conclusion that I may be able to treat them myself, though the virus would remain in my system.  I tried several different option but most recently I used dr scholls freeze away treatment.  The actual circumference of the freeze tool was larger than the wart itself.  Consequently I now have a discolored ring around the wart and only very little of the wart was removed.  I am more concerned at this point about the discoloratioon than the wart itself.  It has been about a week and a half since I used the stuff but I have not noticed much change in the discoloration.  Will this go away on it own.  Is there anything that I can do at home to help the skin heal... I am an african american male and the wart was right near the junction of my penis and scrotum.
It might be a good idea to see a dermatologist. Over the counter wart remedies are not reccomended because genital skin is thin and sensitive, making it more easy to damage than regular skin. That said, when used on other body parts, healthy skin usually returns. Still, I would consider getting a professional opinion.
Maybe people in the dermatology forum will be able to provide a better answer.
Hi creesy i had a similar condition and have recently done the same thing. My treatment on the wart itself has worked well however I have damaged the skin around the wart area. It now is a dark red / purple colour and does not look good.
Can you please tell me how your condition progressed?