genital warts 5 years later?
I have only been with 2 people, and my first boyfriend was a huge cheater and gave me chlamydia. that was 5 years ago. My current boyfriend and I got std tested before we had sex. We have been together for 3 years and I just found 2 small "bumps", one in my genital area and one by my anus. they dont look like any pictures of genital warts or herpes, but I do remember my ex boyfriend having a similar bump on his penius over 5 years ago. does any one know If it is possible to have a reacuring out break over 5 years later? or is this something new?
no one doesn't have a new outbreak of genital warts from a old bfriend 5 yrs.prior.New infection most likely-get to doc and have this checked out!
i had only one lover one nite in '04. In '06, after surgery, when my immune system was low....wham. a massive and first in my life, outbreak occurred of genital warts.
i was diagnosed with genital warts by two seperate doctors and BOTH said that it IS possible for the virus to lay dormant for over 4 years (i asked bc i have been with current bf for 4 years and i wanted to know if this was a question of cheating)  i would believe my dr about that... but "ibizan" could be right about it being a new infection....but i would say that its possible for it to be old as well.
The doctors in the Experts Forum here under STD's state that genital warts are caused by HPV strains 6 and 11.Both have over 30 years experience with std's and HPV.The body will clear one strain within 6-12 months and lie dormant in the body.If one gets xposed to the other strain then they will pop out.Browse the archives under HPV warts under Related Experts Forum for more info.