Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
genital warts return after 2 years!?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

genital warts return after 2 years!?

i have a question guys! i had this genital warts over 2 years ago which my doctor burned it with lazer (it was big like a cauliflower ) and i thought im warts free! but it returned recently after almost 2 years! exactly in same place and i have few more 2!!! i never had sex for the past 2 years as well !!(i know, i know!!)
so my question is how this happened? is this the same virus i had last time!? and since its still in my body can it be dangerous type of hpv?

plz help
Scientists now think that the HPV infection that clears up on its own remains dormant in your body.  It can stay dormant or it can come back again.  Why it comes back isn't exactly known.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.