Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
growths under tongue - oral hpv

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

growths under tongue - oral hpv

If someone could know what´s going on in my body. Recently I discovered two condylomas in genital area. Few weeks later I lifted my tongue towards the nose and discovered multiple tiny sharply pointed rose coloured excrescences paralely down the base of the tongue together with little dots sprinkled all around.
I am in panic - I have been abroad for some time, going home to meet my fiance - I dont want to transmit anything like hpv 16 to him -  he is a smoker, overloaded with stress ... We have been intimate a month ago, maybe I did´t transmit anything yet to him. Should I restrain kissing him? How could I restrain from giving a kiss to the love of my life ..  
On this forum I found exactly the same question, but nobody responded.
Someone named pleasehelp224 on the forum shared his story which is imilar to mine:
"...I was diagnosed with HPV over 10 years ago when I had outbreak (genital warts). I ended up having to get a colposcopy, but have had no problems with pap tests since and the warts were very minor and went away on their own.
I've been in a stable monogamous relationship for a year and a half now. A few days ago I noticed that my tongue was a bit sore, so I figured I had cancor sores (I have recently also been quite stressed with school so I attributed it to that). When I looked at my tongue in the mirror I noticed several small growths growing symmetrically on the v shaped lines underneath my tongue (basically where the veins are). Some of the growths were visible right at the base of my tongue. Most were fleshy in colour, but the ones that hurt had a white ridge. I freaked out a bit and showed my boyfriend, who assured my that it was likely nothing. I went to the doctor anyway and got a pap test (I was due for one anyway) and showed her my tongue. She wasn't absolutely certain that it was HPV, but said that it could be. She treated it with liquid nitrogen and told me to come back in a week to have a repeat procedure.
Since I was told it was likely HPV I assumed that both my partner and I had it, since we've been together for over a year so I figured that he wasn't at risk of getting it - but already had it.  We both know how common HPV is so we didn't spend any time trying to decide who gave what to whom. We looked at his tongue and it was fine and healthy looking. About 4 days later, I asked to look at his tongue again and I noticed the exact same type of growths as mine. About 2 days ago we did kiss a little bit, but (like I said) we both figured that he already had HPV anyway.
So now I am confused. Based on what I described, does this sound like HPV? (all pictures of HPV that I've been able to find on the tongue do not look like what I have). If he actually wasn't infected but got infected 2 days ago by my 'active' infection - is that possible? I thought the incubation period was several months. Could I have just triggered his outbreak? Should we be concerned? I am a bit annoyed that the doctor said nothing about spreading it at this point - I had no idea that he may not have actually had it already and that I may have caused his outbreak, and neither did he.
Also, is it best to refrain from oral sex at this point? (not that we feel like it much at this point..) Could it cause an outbreak in the genital area? Do we need to treat this or should we just wait to see if it will go away? If I get treated (I was planning on going to the doctor for another freezing) and he doesn't will he keep reinfecting me if mine clears up and his doesn't or will I build a type of immunity to it perhaps?? Sorry this is so long. The doctor I saw seemed to know very little about HPV and didn't give me any advice. Also, are there any safe home treatments? Would taking some kind vitamins that boost the immune system help clear this disgusting infection??
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS!
particle

Ok, i dont know where your question ends and the other persons quote ends.

From the situation described from the quote, it seems that her gyno did not know much about HPV. I would have an ENT or a dentist look at it to be sure, there are many other things that can cause something like that.

In your case, only the low risk can cause warts, that are HPV 6,11 but there are many types, however these are 90% of the GW causing types.

It is said that they may spread to the mouth but it is really rare for that to happen.

To be honest, i would definitley see a dentist or a ENT specialist. Get it done soon so you can get a piece of mind.

Also, a self diagnosis is never a good thing since you can be confused with another condition. So for your GW see a dermatologist to make sure and for your mouth see a ENT or dentist. Good luck
Do some web research on fimbriated fold growths under tongue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fimbriated_fold_of_tongue

I found I had them. In my paranoia about oral HPV I did some research.

Also I found that my tongue got swollen from using "white strips" toothpaste. It was a web research I did again in panic over oral HPV. Once I stopped the white strips, the swelling went down.

Oddly if I drink three or more glasses of wine in a night my tongue gets tingly. Heavy drinking over a number of years combined with HPV that may be dormant could cause cancer so I am cautious. I don't drink to get a buzz. I love red wine.
Thank you for your answer!
Happy New Year!