high grade abnormality
I have had abnormal pap smears for the last 2 years. My last pap smear showed high-grade abnormality. The doctors want to do another colospy. I am only 24  and the HPV has not cleared on its own. Is it normal for the doctors to let it go on 2 years and not want to do treatment like freezing off the cells or burning them off.
What was the high grade abnormality? And what were your past Paps? And yes, it sounds like your Dr.'s are doing a better job than most. LEEP procedures should not be done unless you really need to have one because they can cause problems when you become pregnant. You can have abnormal Paps due to HPV which usually clears in women under thirty. You can have abnormal Paps from infection and you can also have abnormal Paps due to an error when they are read by the cytopathologist because most Paps now are done by computer and sometimes they pick up abnormalities that don't mean anything. Do you know what your past colposcopy results were? It is possible that they didn't see anything that would need to be treated. You should have this discussion with your physician so that you can understand what their treatment plan is for you.