Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
hpv and enbrel

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

hpv and enbrel

my question is simple. do i need to stop my enbrel to get rid of my hpv?      (i am a 25, smoker, and am also taking paxil & depakote)
Tags: Enbrel
I'm in the same vote. On enbrel and have developed hpv. Very tiny bumps if even noticeable at all, but its been spreading. Aldara only made my psoriasis and psa flare up. I guess the next thing is to stop enbrel till my hpv clears up? I am 29, male, non smoker. Enbrel is the only med I take.
weird, never thought that enbrel would be a cause of hpv.  I have developed hpv before starting on enbrel.  what connection is there between the two?
I've been on enbrel since 2003. I didn't develop or notice an infection until about a year ago. I am not saying enbrel caused it, but I've either had since college and slowly enbrel suppressed my immune system and the infection popped up again or I developed a recent infection. Eitherway, I have an infection now that I've tried to treat with aldara but has made my psoriasis worse and thus spread the infection making the infection worse, ie more warts. They are incredibly small and not that noticeable (except to me) and its spreading. I dont want to stop enbrel, but I'm afraid i may have to at some point to help my body clear or help fight the infection if at all. I dont know. Its very frustrating and no one seems to be able to help me.
this is why you must keep up with your pap smears.  my gyno tells me hpv is there, but it is at such a low level that i shouldn't worry much.
Only problem is that I am a male and there are no regular check ups i can seek other than dermatology ones. Again, I am not worried about my hpv presence alone, but more by the fact that I am on an anti-TNF alpha therapy which compromises my immune system. I have no clue what strain my HPV is, but the last thing I want to happen is to have my HPV lead to some sort of penile cancer. Extremely rare in immune competent individuals, but not in those who are on immunosuppressive therapies. Not gonna lie, i know this may be a long time down the road, but I'm scared. I'm over HPV and its presentation, but considering how oncogenic it could be, I'm scared. No idea what strain HPV i have, but there is no test for males. Nothing! And very little resources for males.