hpv from a quick kiss
Can you get oral hpv by kissing someone on the lips for just one quick second ( a smack technically and not a deep intimate kiss) and what if your partner had no warts or whatever on her lips ( would that mean that she's not infected with oral hpv or infected but the hpv cannot spread because of the absence of warts/sores etc? Pls reply. Thanks.
I would not worry about this at all. Only possible risk is HSV1 a lot of people have the cold sore virus and it isn't considered an STD, plus for transmission to occur when no sores are present is very rare. You were at no risk of HPV from this don't worry.
Tx very much!
oh and may I ask, in the case of oral herpes, how long would it take for oral herpes to show symptoms? Is there a duration when oral herpes should show symptoms and by failing to do so it would mean that there was no infection at all? Btw, this incident occured 2 years ago and no symptoms came out.
Oral herpes if acquired may never show, majority of the adult population is infected without breakouts. Generally it would take 7 to 21 days but for a more thorough answer you better post in the Herpes forum however i don't believe you were infected with it from this encounter.
tx again!