Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
hpv/getting pregnant

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

hpv/getting pregnant

hi im 24 years old i currently have hpv had the leep procedure back in 2009 i had found out i was having an misscarriage before i was diagnois with hpv its been very hard ever since then for me to get pregnant again i allways dream of having tow twins babygurls i only have one 4 year old babyboy rite now and wishing i have my big dream one dayplease someone what to do do hpv ruin my chances and the lep surgery of gettin pregnant again.with the misscarriage i had hadalso i also was told misscarriages mess your insides up nd make it harder get pregnant again
No link has been found between HPV and miscarriage, premature delivery, or other pregnancy complications.
Also, the risk of transmitting the virus to the baby is considered very low.
If you have visible warts then your doctor will monitor to see if the warts get larger. Hormone changes during pregnancy can cause the warts to multiply or get larger. Sometimes the warts will bleed.
Depending on the extent of the warts, the doctor may postpone treatment until after childbirth. But if the warts get so big that they might cause an obstruction in the vagina, they may need to be removed before childbirth.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.