Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
hpv will i always be at risk for exposing to my partners

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

My husband and I have had a brief stent in the lifestyle.unfortunately for me
I seemed to be more active in it then he was and still have an ongoing relationship
With someone. I say unfortunately because several months ago  I contracted genital herpes.
More recently now HPV. I  have told both partners, neither one has shown any symptoms.
I am on a daily supression therapy for the herps and a 16 week treatment for the warts.
My question is will I always be contagious even when the warts go? How long will it be before they go?
I am abstaining from intercourse  during the 16 week treatment, can I safely give oral as an option
I understand I cant recieve oral without putting them at risk.
Tags: HPV
Are you sure its herpes, did your test come back positive? Becaue I had a server reaction to aldara and the doctors told me that's what I had but they tested me and it came back negative!

Claire
You misread my comments. The HPV is new I have tested positive for herpes in the past.
Am I destined to have to use condoms from now on even with my husband to keep him hpv free? I just dont know anything about this. Im confused and a mess.
Q: My question is will I always be contagious even when the warts go? How long will it be before they go? Am I destined to have to use condoms from now on even with my husband to keep him hpv free?

A: If you have had un-safe sex with your husband, there is a 100% chance he has what you have. If you have had safe sex with your husband, there is a 75-85% chance he has it too. Common sense says he is not HPV free. Your other partner has it too. There is no test for men and so unless your partners get warts, they will never know but they should assume they have it. Go 6 months of no sex with anyone. Once recovered (no symptoms or good paps for 1-2 years), you can have unsafe sex with your husband and/or partner because they ALREADY have it too. Sorry to tell you this but they cannot be "HPV free". Tell them this news gently but they and you should lead a health life and know that 75-85% of all sexually active adults have it or had it.