Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
hpv

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

hpv

I recently went to the doctor and had a pas done they told me I had abnormal cells in the cervix he said it was a possiblity it could be hpv virus or cervical cancer is this cureable I'm. Scared. Plz I need some advice
Hello! I have gone through this as well but I actually had a genital wart then was told I had abnormal cells. It is possible that it is the hpv virus but do not worry I have many friends that have had abnormal cells detected but after their next paps they were back to normal. I would suggest getting the gardisil vaccine if you can but regardless I think that things will be fine as long as you keep an eye on the situation. I was freaking out at first but as I learnt more about HPV I realized that it is common and as long as you take the correct precautions you will be fine. Get your paps done every 6 months instead of every year and I suggest getting to vaccine. I hope you feel a little better if you read this because I really can relate to how you are feeling. Don't be scared :)