hpv
I recently had a pap smear aproximately 1 month ago.  I received a letter from my doctor that my pap came back normal but positive for HPV, but no need for further testing.  Now what?  I have no symptoms and neither does the guy I've been with, and I have not been with anyone from February 2010 till June 2010 and have only been with him since then.  I had a normal pap smear in Nover 2010 and tested for all STD's and was negitive.  We broke up in June 2011 and we have been on/off with sex since Sept 2011.  He has been with @ other people that I know of since then but when we weren't together.  We have always had unprotected sex.  I told him and its causing a fight.  
1. He doesn't want to hear it, its my problem not his as he has no symptoms.
2. He informed me that the gf prior to me had it and he still thinks that because he has been tested and it wasn't detected and he has no symptoms that it still is no concern of his and I'm not to bother him with it ever again until I know more iformation.
3. He thinks that I'm blaming him of sleeping with a bunch of people and I'm not.  I don't think this is his fault at all.  I figured he got it from 1 of the 2 girls he was with when we  split up.  I realize you can't get symptoms always from STD's.
We have both had alot of stress in are lives.  He smokes I don't.  Why would it not showup in my pap smear in Nov 2010 but it is showing up now?  If he got it from the ex prior to me as they didn't have protected sex either.  

He doesn't believe me that he has it if I do because he has no symptoms and the 2 girls he has been with between are on and off periods haven't said anything to him.  
There is no test for men.  If he is having unsafe sex with you or anyone else, he has it too.  This is nonsense.  He is in denial of reality as a sexually active adult.

On Sept 26, at the Doctor's Forum, Dr. Hook wrote this about HPV:

The FACT is that if you have had unprotected sex with others you probably already have HPV, as does your partner. So what?  Most people (over 85% of sexually active persons) not only have HPV but have infection with multiple strains.  This is by no means the end of the world and should not be a matter of concern since only a small proportion of HPV infections go on to cause cancers or pre-cancerous lesions (particularly for men) and when it does, these can readily be detected if persons are seeing their health care professionals as is recommended.  At this time all you can realistically do to reduce your risk for HPV is to use condoms and get the HPV vaccine.
I had a similar experience with my husband.  The one thing I learned is some doctors test for HPV and some don't when doing pap smears.  My gyn at the time did test for it and said I had it.  The next year my regular doctor did my pap smear and tested for it and said I don't have it.  I heard that you are usually active for 2 years with it.  I was with my husband and only my husband for 9 years when I found out I had it.  He did not cheat on me and blamed me for giving it to him.  Neither one of us had any symptoms.
There is NO WAY of knowing who you received it from, both of you could have had it laying dormant for years......

Usually our body will get rid of it within 2 yearr on its own.
I have been in a monogamous relationship for almost 2 years. Previous to that I had a few unprotected sexual encounters.Prior to  that I was in a monogamous marriage for over 20 years.I have recently found some small hard bumps near my anus.I thought it was due to shaving . It hasn't gone away and seems to be worse than when I first discovered them. I have a doctors appointment Monday and will find out for sure.neither me or my boyfriend has been unfaithful. I just can't rap my mind around the fact that it's taken this long for anything to appear.I haven't said anything to my boyfriend yet because I want to be sure. I had a clean pap about 4 months ago so I really thought I was fine.We have had unprotected sex before I became suspicious . What are the chances I've infected him? Could he have given it to me without having symptoms? I love him and it breaks my heart to think I could have given him this.