Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
im upset but TRYING to except this and better inform myself too

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

so on sept 4th, i went to a clinic w/ a friend who ive had sex with numerous times, and i felt i couldve exposed to HPV...well after i told the doctor of my symptoms and that i was sure i had HPV...she checked my anus and said that it was HPV and the easily treatable type also that being types 6- 11 because it was pillar shaped and not disc like...she froze and said it should fall off someone within the next couple of days...well i told my friend that it was HPV and that i hope he doesnt have it and he said we knew the risks but that we're still friends...then today the 5th i called all my previous partners that ive been with the last 3 months because i heard there was a 3 month incubation period before any signs show...and i told them to keep an eye out and get checked if anything happens and they all thanked for being honest and i felt awful about it, and i still especially when one of them said he's kind of been thinking about suicide and that this could be another reason why he should do it; he's in europe right now and he said he wouldnt but idk him well enough to know if thats true and now i feel like i could be potentially responsible if he does so...another hookup from the past i told, that was within the last couple months, still wants to have sex but he wants to bottom...i want go through with it since its not my penis thats affected (i hope it nevers gets) but i feel like my depressed feeling are what got me this because i was bored and sad and wanted company so i slept around....i probably won't go through with that because i dont feel attractive or sexy and i know i wouldnt mess around with someone if they had this...my doctor also said that because im 23 im still able to get the gardasil vaccination even though i have HPV, at least to protect against the other types...idk but could it help my immune system fight the type that i have already, if i got the vaccination and help to prevent its likeliness of returning, even though i know it's always with you? i know this only has a few questions but it's nice to vent also...thanks for listening and everyone's input would be nice...and how if they have it, are they in a relationship? if so how do you go about dating with this and telling someone? thanks
accept
Most people wait 6-24 months (with no symptoms) before having safe sex again. It doesn't matter where the warts are or were. You could have hard to see warts on your thighs or genital area. Usually after you get rid of a wart, a second wave of them occurs. Do not assume it is one and done. Build up your immune system to reduce the chances of more waves.

Get the vaccine asap. Don't stress too much as it can result in more warts. 80% of all sexually active adults have it (multiple strains).  Every new partner is a 20% risk, so if your date has have had 5 or more partners, they must be infected but may not know it. And if you're sure that it is just strain 6 or 11 (a biopsy is the only way to be sure), then it's just a cosmetic issue that should not lead to cancer. So it isn't easy to date with it but you need to mention these things to new partners and hope that they understand the facts and that they probably have it too. Good luck!
thanks that made a lot of sense and i'm definitely gonna tell new partners that i date...kinda done with the hook ups, now :/ but yeha im definitely gonna get that vaccine...i appreciate the comment :)