is it possible to inherit HPV or cervical cancer?
ok. this is a kind of confusing question so im going to try and explain it the best i can. I have HPV. and i am pregnant. My OBGYN told me that i do have HPV.. i know all the risks from it and what it does. The person that i am almost 97% positive was dating a girl who has cervical cancer. she says her mom and sister also have cervical cancer. She said that it runs in her family and she inherited it. SO my questions are:
Is it possible to inherit cervical cancer?
Is it possible to inherit HPV?
If a person can inherit HPV, is it possible that they can transmit it sexually?
i have been looking everywhere all over the internet for cervical cancer that can be inherited and everything just brings me back to HPV. I just want to know if she was lying or telling the truth. I just want peace of mind basically. someone please help, i do not like this situation.

sincerely,
Marie
you can't inherit cancer..it may be more prone to certain pple genetically (like high blood,diabetes) but doesn't mean that because someone in your family has it that you will.

you can inherit HPV..very RARELY can a mother pass it to her children during childbirth..but highly rare and the child usually has a condition dealing w/ their throat. IF a child is born w/ hpv their body usually clears it on their own. Even though the chances are very low..it's important to notify your gyn that you've tested positive for HPV..even if it was years ago..to help make sure that the baby isn't infected (possible cesarean). If it's in your system and eventually resurfaces..it's possible to transmit it.