Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
is this papilloma or what?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

is this papilloma or what?

i have notice a  flesh colored white patch of papillea that i can move and it is soft the papillea seems to be enlongated or  swollen  that lays down so it isnt sticking up i did go to a primary  care doc yesterday because i think it is papilloma and i have be cry uncontrollably . while at the doctors office he said it does concern him for the papillae to be enlarged/swollen like that but he doesnt think its papilloma but he said he isnt sure . he said that sometime the papillae can get enlarged for many reason and it doesnt matter that i can move it i also told him that i havent been sexually active for over a year and that im,also have really bad allergies and that i have been eating fresh pineapple all week   as well as other fruits and veggie needless to say i left with question marks and when i look at my paper for diagnosis it was glossitis which is impossible i think cause im not miss any filiorm papillae in fact the area of concern looks like a draw of a filiform papillae that is enlarged and fuse together  and the area of concern is at the very back of the tongue the thing that gets me is that i was test for std which included hpv and it came back negative anyway i dont know whats wrong and im really scared cause isnt papilloma contagious?? and i dont want to pass that to anyone it doesnt look like a gential (genital) wart or a filiform wart if that helps it just looks like a very small patch of hairy tongue anyway please help cause i am freaking out to the point im dehydrated and also i do have hypothriodism but i dont see what that has to do with the tongue
but like i said tha area of concern is near the circumvallive papillae but right in fornt of it and smaller than it and also my mouth has a strange ordr when i cough  due to allgeries anyway please help
Papilloma tongue is a benign growth of the tongue. Oral papillomas can be recognized by their small fingerlike projections, resulting in an exophytic lesion with a rough or cauliflowerlike verrucous surface. While most cases require no treatment, therapy options include surgical excision.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.