Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
podofilox

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

podofilox

My doctor recently sent me podofilox, to apply twice a day for 3 days, I was diagnosed with warts in the foreskin of my penis. My question is how to apply it. Should a I wash it off every 12 hours or what? Thanks for your help.
hey,
google podofilox, and go to the official website, it SHOULD give you clear instructions on how to apply it. Thats what i did for Aldara and it was a massive help, although it didnt help and wound up getin them cut off.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Here, Ive gotton it for you.: Podofilox information for healthcare professionals and patients
www.drugs.com/pro/podofilox.html - Cached - Similar

Worried.
Hey,

Here ya go,

Podofilox:

1. Open the bottle and put it on a flat surface. Hold the bottle and dip the cotton applicator tip into the liquid. Press the applicator tip against the inside edge of the bottle so the applicator is damp with no liquid dripping. Make sure to close the bottle tightly after use.

APPLY Podofilox ONLY WHERE YOUR DOCTOR HAS INSTRUCTED YOU

2. Apply Podofilox to the wart. Do not get it on normal skin. If a wart is in a skin fold, spread the skin apart so you can reach the wart. A hand mirror can help sometimes. Let Podofilox dry before letting the skin folds return to their normal position. Wash your hands well with soap and water after you use Podofilox.

3. Apply Podofilox once in the morning and once in the evening for three days in a row. Then stop applying Podofilox and wait four days. Using Podofilox like this is called a treatment week. There is no need to wash Podofilox off the wart area.

DO NOT APPLY Podofilox MORE THAN TWICE EACH DAY OR FOR MORE THAN THREE DAYS IN A ROW. USING Podofilox MORE OFTEN WILL NOT MAKE IT WORK BETTER BUT MAY INCREASE SIDE EFFECTS

4. If the warts do not go away, repeat the Podofilox treatment for another week. You can use Podofilox up to four treatment weeks (REMEMBER: a treatment week is twice a day for three days, then four days with no treatment). Your doctor may ask you to come back for a check-up visit during treatment. If the warts have not gone away after four treatment weeks, stop applying Podofilox and contact your doctor.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/pro/podofilox.html#ixzz0mtfnQRr4
Hey,

Thank you very much, Ill start doing this treatment with the instructions you gave me. THANKS A LOT!
hey,

Your very welcome, did you check out the website? i hope the treatment works for you soon.

Chao