Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
relapse after first gardasil shot

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

relapse after first gardasil shot

hi, i was diagnose with hpv in august and i was on aldara to get rid of my warts. they cleared up but just one on the inside of my vaginal orifice. I took the gardasil shot when i was finishes with the 6boxes of aldara, and a few weeks later I got a relapse in the same areas and more. my boyfriend has hpv as well we still have unprotected sex, he got a relapse around the same time as well. Can gardasil cause a relapse after the first shot or is the unprotected sex or both? Also how do i get rid of the warts inside my vaginal orifice? Those are the hardest to go
Avatar n tn
You were infected before you had the shots. The vaccine does not remove the virus. It only protects you against strains you may not have.  Since your BF has HPV too and you are having unsafe sex, relapses will occur. Medical studies have proven that safe sex reduces relapses. Have safe sex now and for at least 6 months after all warts are gone.