seeing a doctor
What is the best procedure / doctor to go with to get rid of genital warts? I am currently living in California and do not have health insurance so I do not know if I should go to Planned Parenthood, a doctor's office, or a dermatologist. They no longer offer cryotherapy at Planned Parenthood so electrocauterization or aldara is my only other alternative and I've already tried aldara and had no luck. I would really like to see a doctor or dermatologist but could anyone tell me an estimate of how much cryotheraphy would probably costs without insurance? Any of your experiences or doctor recommendations if in LA would be appreciated as well, thanks.
Well, I can tell you about San Francisco. Planned Parenthood doesn't do any biopsying or anything, so if they offer electrocauterization that is not a bad method.  I got a referral to a Derm for like 75 or 85 first visit then 55 thereafter with testing an extra fee I'm sure.  Of course, you don't need the testing technically. Other, regular people Derms will cost you over 100 to walk in the door mostly likely.  As far as best procedure? Probably not too big a difference. I opted for electrocauterization and it was virtually painless after the initial instant and all you can see is a bit of lighter colored skin there now. It's practically invisible for all intents and purposes.  I don't know the mark left by freezing. What I would do is just get it removed and make the decision to live a lifestyle that maximizes your immune system function for the next six months or more so you feel better mentally.