Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
swollen red bump on shaft of my penis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

swollen red bump on shaft of my penis

I have a swollen red bump on the left side shaft of my penis. it isnt a perfect circle round but more of a protruding oval shape. no breakeage of the skin but it does seem to be getting bigger. there is no other bumps or warts besides that one. . i have hade it for about two weeks now and thought it was just a pimple at first. now its bigger and im a little concerned...it seems to be only on the surface because i can grab the skin and pick the bump up and feel that it isnt a deep growth by pinching the tips of my index finger and thumb together under the bump...if that makes sense to you??? anyway. i was wondering if you could help me out here? i havnt had sex in about four months either so im no sure how this came about...thnx so much doc!!! any treatments? home remedies? no money for doc visit...i also have kind of a tingling itching in the tip of my penis as well that has been there for i dont know how long. is that normal? no secretions of any kind ever. just that tingle.
I would definately get a biopsy done!!! This could be your only chance to know for sure what is going on,see a dermatologist,or urologist. and possibly a herpes test just because of the tingling?