Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
wart recurrence

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

wart recurrence

I have had several warts cauterized on the shaft of my penis. Few weeks later a smaller wart will re-appear on the perimeter of the circular scar left by the electrical cauterization. Why does this happen and should i consider it hpv?
thank you
joe d
Although the cautery process removes the warts, it is superficial process and doesn’t treat the underlying viral infection and once removed the warts can reoccur, so it isn’t a permanent treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Dr, thank you for your reply. Just got results back from biopsy of the smaller warts i described. The biopsies were negative for HPV.....Reasonably, it doesnt 'compute' the recurring bumps can be anything else. Are 'biopsies' generally reliable ? thank you