Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
warts, bumps in anal area?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

warts, bumps in anal area?

hi, i got a question. i am a single male. i have not had sex in 2 years. i have suddenly got these little wart like things near and around my anal; opening. i also have one in my perineum area. they are painless. these little bumps or warts can be peeled off if i try to remove them..  i noticed them back in december. i had been under a great deal of stress and depression in regards to a family member who has since passed. anyway, i had been having a bad habit of not bathing everyday, sometimes not bathing for about 3-4 days.. i know, gross, but anyway. i also have gained quite a bit of weight and eating a lot of greasy foods.. can any of these things i explained cause these bump like things. one kind of looks like a skin tag. also, i was tested for HIV back last year and before. all negative.
i have not engaged in any sexual activities since 2 years ago. can anyone here explain this to me and how i can treat this? will better proper hygiene take care of this? i have read in a couple of places online where poor hygiene and poor diet can cause these. i also read on medhelp from Dr. Rockoff who was replying to someone about warts and he said sometimes they have no idea why they occur.thanks and your help will be appreciated.

First, without a doctor's opninion, there is no way to know if they are warts.

Poor hygiene, nutrition and stress can cause an outbreak. If you have genital warts and have them treated, you will need to live a more healthy lifestyle to help prevent anothe reoccurance.
went to the doctor this evening. yes, they are genital warts. he gave me meds to apply. he acted as if the warts were no big deal. he told me the stress could have caused the outbreak. anyway, i have read that most people will clear the hpv virus within 2 years. is this true? also any further help and advice will be appreciated. thanks!
alright everyone.. good news. i treated my warts with the PODOFILOX that the doctor gave me. the medicine has worked wonders.. i did the first treatment last night, got up this morning and was surprised to see them nearly all gone. Wow! the 2 or 3 on my perineum area are totally gone without a trace. the others on the rim of my hole area are reduced to near nothing. the other side of my rim were already vanishing away before i even started the medicine. they are all gone on that side now..modern medicine is amazing.
ok, now let me ask a question. i have this other wart that has been on my middle finger since i was in the 2nd grade. i am 38 years of age. i have noticed that since this episode of the anal warts, the wart on my finger is very actively irritated. my question is.. are my warts in my butt area related to the wart on my finger? i know it is all HPV.. the wart on my finger always gets irritated and grows when i am under stress...
also, the doctor first told me he wasn't sure if my anal warts are sexually transmitted or not.. he then said they looked like flat warts. later on he said they were probably sexual in nature and brought on with the stress i was under...i have not had sex in over 2 years due to my fear of catching something. i tested negative for HIV repeatedly. i want to stay clean of anything.
anyway, can this recent outbreak be from an HPV infection from 2 years ago? i have not engaged in any anal sex (receiver) in years and years...anyway, i love this website and your help is well appreciated. thanks